Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Wolves Updates 8/8

From Jerry Zgoda/Star Tribune:
McHale said he has had preliminary discussions with Jefferson's agent about a contract extension...


According to Rick Alonzo/Pioneer Press, Al Jefferson says he "would love to sign a contract extension here" and " would love to do it this summer, get it out the way and know that I'm going to be here. I'd love to be here (long-term)."


Click here for stats on the new roster.


From Rick Alonzo/Pioneer Press:
Still, Taylor insists McHale is the right person for the job and that the Wolves made the right decision to trade Garnett because it gives them a fresh start and was the best way to improve long term. And he said most season-ticket holders he has spoken with understand that.

He said McHale absolutely could steer the team through the rebuilding process. With help.

"I don't think I would rely on one person to do that," Taylor said. "I think we've gone to, at least for now, more of a group concept..."



Charley Walters/Pioneer Press on Glen Taylor:
For instance, he said, "Let's say we have some guys who aren't working hard enough; that's not going to be enough for me. I'm going to be keeping an eye on it, I'm going to be even more involved, I'm going to be asking questions."



Jack McCallum/SI.com on the
"NBAsuperstarus":
Yet despite the Celtics' rebirth and an accompanying outbreak of civic pride, it is quite likely that next summer the league's latest Big Three will come up ringless, just like other Terrific Troikas of the past.