Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Wolves Updates 4/4

From Britt Robson/On The Ball:
Unlikeable is putting it mildly. If you still care about this edition of the Minnesota Timberwolves, they are infuriating and aggravating in the extreme. Looked at objectively, it is plain that they lack the integrity to even properly go through the motions in the final weeks of a miserable season. And everyone among the "braintrust" is either stupid or lying.


Game observations from Brian Windhorst's Cavaliers Blog:
-They play more 80s music at the Target Center than at all other NBA arenas combined.

-
When he was with the Celtics, Ricky Davis used to buckle down and really try to play hard against the Cavs and he loved to body up LeBron and hassle him on defense. I guess those days are done now.


KG on his relationship with LeBron James:
"I don't talk to him much," Garnett said. "When I see him, I always share my jewels of wisdom, see how his family's doing, see how his health (is doing). ... Everybody's No. 1 question is the Minnesota question - am I going to be here? Things of that (nature). Laugh, crack jokes."


KG on the officiating during last night's game:
"We couldn't get a call to save our lives tonight," Garnett said. "You blow on LeBron, though, and they call it quick. You know what I mean? That's the league, though. That's what we've got to deal with. ... And I got my damned eye taken out -- had to have the doctor look at my eye. Have to lose an eye just to get a foul -- I didn't even get it, though. That didn't cost us the game."


Jack Cobra, filling in for The Cavalier at YaySports, writes that "Kevin Garnett is running out of time."


From RotoTimes.com:
The 30-year-old Garnett leads the Timberwolves in scoring (22.8 ppg) and rebounding (12.9 rpg). He has scored in double- digits in all 72 games he has played this season. Garnett, who is playing in his 12th season in the league, is averaging 21.3 points and 14.7 rebounds in his last 10 outings.