Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Wolves Updates 3/6

From Kent Youngblood/Star Tribune:
Mired on the bench while the Wolves started Mike James and then Randy Foye at point guard, Hudson never complained or demanded a trade. Instead, he helped Foye as much as he could, tried to stay in shape and waited.
"Being angry wouldn't do anything but make things worse," Hudson said. "You get frustrated, at times. But only for a second. Then you come back down and realize that you have to keep working hard. (ASTERISK) For me to go back to the end of the bench, it was a humbling experience. But I took it in stride and just worked through it."


Coach Wittman on Troy Hudson:
"I have used him as an example all year long, of a guy that wants to play, probably should be playing, is not, and is handling it the right way," Wittman said. "He's worked every day. He's really worked with Randy on the side and trying to team him. That's being professional. That's why I think he was ready (Sunday) night."


Randy Foye on being mentored by T-Hud:
"I think that's why I played so well when I was in there. Even when I was coming off the bench, he was helping me," Foye said.


Flip Saunders comments on Forbes naming Kevin McHale the #1 GM:
"Is that a sports magazine?" Saunders said. "I'll just leave it at that."


A preview of tonight's game against the Lakers.