Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Wolves Updates 11/7

Britt Robson/City Pages discusses the "declining role of Kevin Garnett."


Ricky Davis was unapologetic about calling the Blazers "a pack of roaches."
"They're in our division. They're not going to win the division, put it that way," Davis said after the Wolves' morning shootaround. "We just have to make sure next time, when we get up 15, we bury them."

Garnett on the matter:
"I'm sure some of those guys have been called worse than that," Kevin Garnett said. "I don't think he meant that internally, but I'm not Rick Davis -- I'm not apologizing for him. Different guys get up different ways.


Stephen Litel/Sports Page Magazine thinks it's time to give Foye more minutes.


From Rick Alonzo/Pioneer Press:
Garnett said sometimes his energy on offense is affected by his workload defensively but added he isn't caught up in how many shots he gets. He averaged a robust 23.7 points through the first three games.

"I just want to be aggressive and effective," Garnett said. "If I feel like we're not doing some things, or we're not getting quality shots, then I'll step up and take the initiative to take certain shots. I don't mind that. The coaching staff wants me to get up (Allen Iverson)- and Kobe-type shots, but I do a lot of different things, so that's really not my speed. I try to find a medium in that, being aggressive, reading between the lines, trying to get to the free-throw line."


A preview of tonight's game at the Lakers.