Saturday, November 04, 2006

Wolves Updates 11/4

Sludge and Lake talked to Rashad McCants on KFAN last night. Click here to listen. Among other topics, McCants talks about the team winning back fan support, wanting to make an impact this season, the new ball, and the zero tolerance policy with the refs. He says he's on track to be back by late December but can't guarantee anything.


A preview of tonight's game at Portland.

Coach Casey on tonight's matchup with Randy Foye and Brandon Roy:
"I still love Randy Foye," Casey said. "I wouldn't trade him for any rookie in the league right now. Brandon's a solid player, but so is Randy Foye. But they're in different situations."


Garnett responds to Mike Bibby, ejected from the season opener, accusing KG of getting favorable treatment from the refs.
"Star treatment?" Garnett said. "I don't know what that was. Mike Bibby acted like he wanted the tech. That had nothing to do with me and what was said."

KG also referred to Carmelo's ejection in the Nuggets' Thursday night game as "absurd."


Ricky Davis on last night's win at Denver:
"I think we're a little bit different team than last year," guard Ricky Davis said. "I think we would have folded right there, lost the lead and everything else. It shows improvement and shows we're going on the right route."


From Stephen Litel/SportsPageMagazine, Garnett after Wednesday's win:
“I’m not talking about nothing that goes on last year. Don’t ask me no more questions about last year…we’ve got a totally new team, a great chemistry…I think tonight everybody, fans, you guys, the world, whoever is watching, saw that we have depth in our team. That’s something we haven’t had in awhile.”


Glen Taylor on Rex Chapman, now with the Nuggets:
"Rex wouldn't work with me. He is not my type," Taylor said. "I like Rex and all that, but Rex is too emotional. ... I don't know if I could control him. Not that I control Kevin [McHale]."