Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Wolves Updates 10/11

Coach Casey on the preseason:
"I feel much more confident," Casey said. "We're ahead of where we were last year."

Coach Casey says Vin Baker will probably remain on the roster:
"He's done everything as far as I'm concerned to get a spot," Casey said. "I trust his game. The key thing is mainly getting the rust off."

Paul Shirley on trying to make the team:
"I've constantly failed," Shirley said. "That's what I've done the best, fail and fail and fail. And I keep getting myself back up and trying again."
"I think it's making me insane, like literally," he said. "I think I might go crazy if I keep doing it again a few more times. It's hard to remember from time to time, but what's important to me is getting as good at basketball as I can, which sounds hokey. At the end of the day, I can only be so good. I have a limit to my ability. … Whatever achievements I make aren't really that important. It's more like, have I put everything I can into it?"

Congrats to Coach Casey for his wedding this summer.