Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Wolves Updates 10/10

Steve Aschburner writes about Randy Foye in training camp. Glen Taylor commented that if the Wolves had the #1 pick, they still may have drafted the rookie. Coach Casey says about Foye's progress:
"A lot of the nuances of the NBA are still new to him. He's working his butt off learning -- he's a sponge -- and he's getting a lot of new information thrown at him. I'm sure his head is about to spin off right now ... So it's probably taken away a little bit of his creativity. But once he digests [it] and lets it come naturally, then it's going to help him a lot."

Marko Jaric on playing forward:
"As long as I'm out there, it doesn't matter," Jaric said. "I'll play 1, 2 or 3. I worked a lot in the offseason on my shooting game and on the (shooting guard and small forward positions). I'm ready. Just put me out there, I don't care."

T-Hud and Craig Smith on one of the team's defensive drills.

The Wolves face the Bucks tomorrow in the first game of the preseason.