Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Sam Cassell Interview

HoopsHype interviews Sam Cassell. Below are some of his reactions to being traded to the Clippers.
When you look at what happened to Minnesota this year, do you think you could have helped them to make the playoffs this season?

SC: No doubt in my mind. If I'm healthy, we're making the playoffs. But they made a move. They said that Sprewell and myself were major distractions. I think we were the best guys in the locker room, but that's where they wanted to go. They're there, and I'm here, and everything is going to take care of itself.

Elgin Baylor made some great moves last summer and during this season. Do you think that just that lopsided trade between you and Marko Jaric makes him an Executive of the Year?

SC: I know that the guys up in Minnesota are kicking themselves in the ass right now. Whoever made that decision. Wow.


From The Pioneer Press:
Timberwolves guard Rashad McCants is expected to play in the Howard Pulley pro-am summer league that will begin June 19 with two games a night Monday through Thursday at the Salvation Army gym in St. Paul.