Friday, March 24, 2006

Happy Birthday, Jason Kidd!

Pic from Sumiko's Playground courtesy of Deadspin.

The Wolves get their 8th consecutive road loss in New Jersey last night. Final score: Wolves 82, Nets 86.

"Can't put it into words, because it is frustrating," forward Kevin Garnett said. "We have to hold on to our leads better than that. We're giving them away like a kid giving away candy or something."

In the postgame news conference, Garnett said "he has used meditation to help him cope with this season's struggles."

KG on whether he thinks about playing in NY or NJ:
"No," Garnett said. "Not at all."


Casey On KG:
"It's always been about improving, getting better and that type of thing," Casey said, referring to what Garnett has told him. "It's never been anything about, 'I got to get out of here,' or anything like that."

McCants got his first start last night in place of the injured Hassell:
"I thought McCants came out a little tight tonight, a little excited," Casey said. "He got some quick fouls, and they did a good job of going at him. That's something he's going to learn from."


KG and Oprah are planning next week to visit the houses that Garnett's contributions to Winfrey's Katrina relief fund built in New Orleans.
Garnett said, "I just got to thinking, 'OK, really, Kevin, what do you spend money on?' ... I got to thinking about the things I spend money on, and I was like, 'Pffttt ... If you can spend money on that, you can spend money on this.' ... It just came to me: 'I'm gonna build a house every month for the next two years.' Because I knew that this [relief effort] was going to be bigger than a Monday and a Wednesday and a Thursday. It was going to be every day these people are going to have to deal with this."
Why so many? "I just thought back again to how I grew up and I thought, 'I want to make a whole neighborhood,'" Garnett said with a slight smile. "Twenty-four just sounded just about right."