Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Wolves Updates

Dwane Casey on Marcus Banks:
Well, one thing, there is an old saying in sports: One man's junk is another man's treasure...Sometimes guys are entrenched; it's the rotations on another team, the coach's relationship with the players. I just think that Marcus Banks just got out of favor with the Celtics.

According to sources from the the NBA, L.A. Clippers are offering Chris Wilcox for Eddie Griffin but the Wolves aren't saying yes.

Bill Simmons ranks the NBA teams on chances of winning the title. The Wolves are at #17:
I'm prepared for anything from these guys: A 12-game winning streak, a 20-game losing streak, KG punching out Mark Blount during a timeout, Marcus Banks putting up nine straight triple-doubles, Mark Madsen coming out for a home game dressed like Janet Reno, you name it. Crazy team.
(And did you notice that the Wolves have already given up on Marko Jaric? In case you forgot, I called this
back in August after they made the Cassell trade. And no, I'm not telling you that to toot my own horn: Dig through my archives and you'll find hundreds of dumb predictions over the years. But after watching Jaric play 30-35 times in person, I knew his game well enough to state the anti-Jaric case about as emphatically as I could. I knew I was right. Which raises the question: How could the Timberwolves not know? Didn't they have scouts? And how could they underestimate Sam I Am in a contract year that badly? One of the dumbest trades of the decade.)