Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Wally Likes The Super Mario Brothers Sound Effects

Bob Sansevere at the Pioneer Press posed to Wally Szczerbiak the same questions asked of the finalists of the Miss America Pageant this weekend.

BS: What is your favorite smell?

WS: I like the smell of cookies. Hot chocolate chip cookies coming out of the oven.

BS: What sound do you love?

WS: The sound I'm really endeared to is what they play at Target Center after you make free throws. It's like, "De-Do-De-Doot." It's an old Super Mario Brothers sound. You hear it when you cash in two free throws. It's a great sound effect. You probably know it. That Super Mario sound when you hit the flower or you hit the mushroom.

BS: What is your favorite TV show?

WS: Probably "24." I watched the first few episodes of this season. You've got to watch them all. It's much better to watch on DVD so you can watch as many as you want. I have the first four seasons on DVD.

BS: When the game is over, whether you win or lose, what's the first food you're going to eat?

WS: Some popcorn and a turkey burger.

BS: What are a few of your pet peeves?

WS: I like to stick to my routine on game day and I don't like to be thrown off my routine.